ICB Orthotics can be heat moulded and fitted to the patient in a matter of minutes:
1. Attach any Forefoot or Rearfoot Additions prior to heat moulding.
2. Holding the ICB Orthotic by the distal edge, heat the orthotic using an ICB Heat Gun. Hold the heat gun 15cm from the plantar surface of the orthotic: heating for 10-15 seconds.
The words ‘left’ and ‘right’ act as a heat indicator. That is, when the words start to melt and flatten, enough heat has been applied. Overheating is not recommended.
3. Place the heated orthotic into the patient’s shoe – the patient must wear both left and right orthotics and shoes during the moulding process.
4. As the patient stands in equal weight bearing, place the foot into the Subtalar Neutral Position and using the palm of your hand, cup the medial arch and heel (as shown), applying pressure into the arch for 30-40 seconds, to ensure the orthotic moulds to the patient’s arch.
5. Whilst still holding the foot in the neutral position, ask the patient to be seated, and remove the moulded orthotic from the shoe and allow to cool for 1-2 minutes then place back into shoe.
6. Repeat the process for the other foot.
7. Attach any required heel lifts, metatarsal domes, medial arch infills, flanges or inversion/eversion ramps, after heat moulding.